Mental Health First Aid
Just as CPR helps you assist an individual having a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis. In the Mental Health First Aid course, you learn risk factors and warning signs for mental health and addiction concerns, strategies for how to help someone in both crisis and non-crisis situations, and where to turn for help.
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance Use disorders
Mental Health First Aid teaches about recovery and resiliency – the belief that individuals experiencing these challenges can and do get better and use their strengths to stay well.
Play Therapy 101
- Gain an understanding of play therapy and learn how it differs from regular play.
- Better understanding of history and theory of play therapy
- Strategies for implementing the play therapy process from beginning to end
- Some strategies for setting up the play therapy room
- Basic therapeutic responses during the various stages of play therapy
Trauma & Play Therapy
- Identify at least one intervention to use when working with traumatized children
- Have a better understanding of various types of traumatic stress and how it impacts children’s lives
- Identify at least 2 Tools used to Assess Trauma in Children
- Define Grief & Mourning and understand children’s reactions to each
Play Therapy with Adults
- Discuss recent articles identifying the relevance of talking vs. non-talking therapy with adults
- Discuss the importance of play and application of play therapy in various settings
- Identify ways to adapt play when working with adults with anxiety, depression and other “common” diagnoses
- Identify at least 3 strategies to use play therapy with adult
- Childhood Anxiety
- Psychological Development 0-5 years old
- Strengthening Families
- If you are interested in a training not listed, please contact us for additional information
If you have a number of people on your staff or colleagues that need training, we can come to your agency or place of business and provide in-house trainings or provide off-site training in one of our conference rooms. You can choose from trainings we have created in the past or we can create brand new classes specifically tailored to meet the needs of your staff.
For more information contact Y. Mimi Ryans at firstname.lastname@example.org or (443) 864-5647